[TxMt] New R Bundles for testing

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 11:18:40 UTC 2008

Let me take this email as the opportunity to let everybody know that
Hans has graciously agreed to take over the maintenance of the R
bundle and its friends, so you are actually going to see a lot of
updates to these bundles in the near future than you saw in the past.
Once Allan is back and Hans gains repository access, these bundles
will hopefully start the process of getting themselves into the
repository. In any case, please direct questions about the R bundle
and friends to Hans.

This is further a good opportunity to ask people about the R Console
(R.app) bundle. I personally don't find it very useful when R daemon
is around, and would propose phasing it out. We didn't want to take
such a drastic step without asking the users, so please let us know
if you are still using the old R Console instead of R daemon, and if
so what the reasons for not switching to R daemon are.

Hans, thanks again for taking over.

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College