[TxMt] Occasional "Precondition failed' error in blogging bundle

Brad Choate brad at bradchoate.com
Tue Jan 29 14:50:06 UTC 2008

That is a classic response you see from a server with mod_security
installed. mod_security has a number of filters that will block
certain HTTP transactions, depending on their content. So, you may
need to disable the filter for the XMLRPC endpoint to prevent those
errors. Either that or figure out which rule is causing the error and
adjust it. Is this a server you manage or a shared server where
mod_security is out of your control?

Googling for "precondition failed" (with quotes) yields several Q/A
pages on this subject. Here's a useful one from the bunch:

	http://www.modwest.com/help/kb1-322.html

-Brad