[TxMt] RSpec 'it' snippet tweak

Matt Darby matt at matt-darby.com
Sat Jan 26 20:12:57 UTC 2008

It seems to me that the RSpec bundle's 'it' snippet is in need of some
love. By default, a newly inserted spec passes. This seems odd as it
is misleading. It also makes it harder find what specs still need to
be completed if you return to an RSpec module after a break.

I propose that the 'it' snippet is changed to the following:

it "${0:should ${1:description}}" ${3:do
   ${2:pending("Needs to be written")}
end}

This tweak simply adds a 'pending' statement as the body of a newly
created spec. When run, the tester will be alerted to an unfinished
test.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Matt Darby, M.S.