Re[TxMt] mote editing of projects

dakarp dakarp at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 24 01:01:45 UTC 2008

Mark N. Boszko wrote:

> Have you tried the three options listed here (i.e., the "hack",
> Interarchy or the FTP/SSH bundle)?

Interarchy was one of the first things I tried, but I found that it was slow
(much slower than Fuse/MacFusion, which MIGHT be fast enough if I'm willing
to turn off other programs that use the net), and, even worse, crashed
frequently.

The hack looks like way more trouble than it is worth, frankly.  The whole
point is for this to be fast.

The FTP/SSH bundle works only on single files, not entire projects, if I
read the description correctly.  I'll give it a try, but that seems less
than ideal.

I'm also seriously considering giving UltraEdit a try though VMWare Fusion.
I really hate working on a PC, but that seems to be my only other good
option for sophisticated auto-complete, etc, aside from TextMate. Can
someone save me from the horrible fate of having to use a windows editor? :)