Re[TxMt] mote editing of projects

Luke Daley ld at ldaley.com
Wed Jan 23 22:38:31 UTC 2008

On 24/01/2008, at 8:32 AM, dakarp wrote:

> I am currently a user of BBEdit. I'd like to be able to use
> TextMate if I
> could find a combination of an SFTP client and TextMate that would
> allow me
> to edit multiple files remotely as a project (grouped in the same
> window,
> with the drawer).  Is there a combination of programs that will
> allow this?
> Working locally is not an option because the dev environment
> includes a huge
> MySQL database, among other things. But if I could work locally in
> a way
> that immediately and automatically updated remotely, that might be OK.

I use macfuse to do this, more specifically sshfs. It's a bit
annoying if you don't have a good network connection to the other
host. But for the most part it works well. I have had some issues
with early versions of solaris and SSHFS though.

If you are going to go this route, check out MacFusion on macupdate,
it's a gui for macfuse essentially.

LD.