[TxMt] TODO bundle (and textmate.rb in general) ignore project-specific file filters

Jonathan Ragan-Kelley katokop1 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 19:20:05 UTC 2008

I've been trying to use the TODO bundle with a very large project
containing a bunch of external/imported code which I don't control. In
this project, Show TODO Items... takes a veritable eternity to run
because of the volume of code it must scan. My project, however, is
set to filter out a significant amount of this within TextMate, but
these filters are being ignored by the bundle.

Upon investigation, it seems the issue is the core textmate.rb support
library whose ProjectFileFilter (used by each_text_file) reads the
TextMate prefs for its file/dir filters, rather than getting them from
the current project first. Indeed, there doesn't seem to be any
reference to the current project filters in the TM_* environment
variables or in textmate.rb.

It would be great to see this filters respected by some of these core
library commands where it seems they really should be taking effect.