[TxMt] Changing language for a specific file

Thomas Aylott - subtleGradient textmate at subtleGradient.com
Tue Jan 8 20:57:45 UTC 2008

On Jan 8, 2008, at 1:38 PM, Nate Cavanaugh wrote:

> Thanks for all the help guys, it's much appreciated.
>
> Quick question, do you know if this is possible with TabMate *without*
> modelines? I'm working on a huge code base with multiple users and
> strict
> coding standards and the modelines aren't allowed to sit in SVN,
> which means
> I have to copy the mode lines every time I edit the file, in which
> case, I
> might as well just manually change the language.
>
> Anyone know of a work around (even if it's a work around in SVN)?

AFAIK, the only options are: change it every time you open the file.
Use tabmate with modelines. Change the file extension. Or change the
language syntaxes to support that file extension.

I had to do exactly that a few times and I eventually resorted to just
changing it each time I opened the file. The trick is to open in in a
new window and then change it, that way it doesn't effect your other
open files syntax pref when switching project tabs.

—Thomas Aylott – subtleGradient—