[TxMt] Typeset and View issue

Brad Miller bonelake at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 17:17:09 UTC 2008

On Jan 7, 2008, at 10:31 AM, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

> Are you familiar with latexmk.pl, which automatically runs however
> many times it is necessary? Does that not take care of this problem
> for you?
> I have found two things. First off, because of using latexmk.pl, I
> have never had the need to press those buttons.
> Second, I would find it faster to press cmd-w and cmd-r, instead of
> clicking on the corresponding button.
>
> Not saying that this shouldn't be fixed, just that I would not have
> expected it to be too much of a problem.
>
> Brad, is this an easy fix?

Haris,

I have tried but I guess my understanding of Javascript is not as deep
as it needs to be yet.   When any of the buttons are pressed there is
a javascript function that is in charge of appending text to the
output window.  Like you, I rarely use the buttons because latexmk.pl
works so well in its latest incarnation.  I've tried several
variations of the document.location.hash = "foo" trick to move the
focus to the right part of the document but no luck.    If anyone has
javascript suggestions for how to scroll to the bottom of the window
I'm happy to try them out.

Brad