[TxMt] Copy/Paste from other applications

Bernd Schiffer bernd.schiffer at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 4 11:51:51 UTC 2008

Hi.

I'm new to Textmate and I love it - but there's one nasty thing I
couldn't get rid of, so I ask you here.

If I copy and paste (CMD-C and CMD-V) inside Textmate, everythings
fine. If I copy (CMD-V) from text from another application, say
Firefox or even Textedit, and I copy (CMD-P) that into Textmate, that
won't work. All I got was something I copied earlier in Textmate. It
doesn't work the other round, copying something from Textmate to, say,
Textedit. Copy/Paste between my other programs works fine, for
instance between Firefox and Textedit.

What have I done wrong? It seems that Textmate uses a different
clipboard than the  one from Mac OS (my version is 10.4). How can I
make Textmate use OS's clipboad instead of its own?

Thanks in advance for any help,
   Bernd

--
berndschiffer.blogspot.com