[TxMt] which version control system to take?

Tim Harper timcharper at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 20:23:19 UTC 2008

I've installed git on windows using mingw distro.  It comes with an
installer and everything, and it does a really great job!  The git-gui
has a bit of a problem (I can't create commits from it), but the
console works perfectly well as far as I can tell.

It is a preview release, so stability is not guaranteed.  You'd want
to do your own experimentation with it, first.

http://code.google.com/p/msysgit/

As Mark said, subversion may just fit your needs.  For what we've been
doing (we branch like crazy), git has been superb.  I haven't had any
motivation to try Mercurial or bazaar yet.

Tim