[TxMt] TM doesn't have trouble with RE, but I have.

Daniel Stockman daniel.stockman at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 19:05:28 UTC 2008

> So here is the case. I want do do some tricky Syntax highlight
> matching,
> and wanted to have the visual sidebar with the line numbers.
> [...]
> As you can see, I want to replace every single in the document, with
> the
> span instance above plus the Capture Register( Just like the Ruby code
> does in TM Bundle ), which is the whole line, whether it is empty or
> not.

Actually, it's really hard to understand what you're aiming at, here.
"Just like the Ruby code does in TM Bundle"... uh, which one? What
command/snippet are you referring to?

I see several ways of adding line numbers to a document (bundle name):
   - Create HTML From Document / Selection with Line Numbers (TextMate)
   - Add Line Numbers to Document / Selection (Text)
   - Option + Command + L will show the line numbers in the gutter...

You "want to replace every single"... what? "in the document". And I'm
really perplexed by the reference to testing "the JavaScript", which
AFAIK isn't what bundles are written/tested/interpreted in.

I think more clarification is required so we can understand what
exactly you want to do.

~ Daniel