[TxMt] Keybinding change question: should Interface Builder show Bundle Menu items?

Steven Rowat Steven_Rowat at sunshine.net
Sat Feb 16 05:15:00 UTC 2008

Hi,

I attempted to assign a key-binding to "Strip HTML Tags from
Selection". A command installed via System Preferences doesn't work,
and I assume this is as explained in the TM help:

"Dynamic menu items i.e. those which change title depending on the
programs state (like Fold Current Block / Selection) should be
specified with their initial title. The initial title can be found by
opening the MainMenu.nib file in Interface Builder (use Show Package
Contents on TextMate and navigate to Contents ? Resources ?
English.lproj)."

So I have installed Interface Builder, found the MainMenu in the TM
package, double-clicked it to open it in IB, and then double-clicked
the MainMenu icon, which opens. However, the Bundle Menu item only
drops down the first four global items; none of the Bundles show up.
(Also, a small yellow tooltip opens on hover over the MainMenu icon,
saying "One of the children has a bad/missing connection".)

Is there a way to find out what name I should be using to bind "Strip
HTML Tags from Selection"? Apparently the bundles aren't connected in
IB - ? - or is there another way to access them?

steven rowat