[TxMt] TextMate crashes within the Find Dialog after pressing TAB

Hans-Joerg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Wed Feb 13 12:25:26 UTC 2008

> On 13 Feb 2008, at 04:00, Allan Odgaard wrote:
>> This is unfortunately a common problem for some, see [1].
>>
>> So far though I have not had a single report from a Leopard
>> system, so there is a good chance that it has been fixed for
>> Leopard (where the controls have undergone some changes).
>>
>> [1]: http://macromates.com/textmate/manual/
>> expert_preferences#oakfindpaneldisablehistory

Thanks. As I mentioned for me it happens very very infrequent. That's
why I avoid to use oakfindpaneldisablehistory because I use that
history quite often.

On 13 Feb 2008, at 13:16, dzurn wrote:
> Here's what I did to avoid the issue: I edit the
> com.macromates.textmate.plist file to remove several odd strings in
> findHistory and replaceHistory. Once I did that (removing 8 of the
> 10 strings in each entry) then my Find/Replace didn't crash when I
> used a tab.

Are you doing this all the time? My question would be what kind of
oddity of strings in findHistory and replaceHistory triggers that crash?

Hans