[TxMt] Subversion Hangs When I Try to Commit

Allan Odgaard throw-away-2 at macromates.com
Wed Feb 13 03:13:07 UTC 2008

On 31 Jan 2008, at 17:21, Steve Chanin wrote:

> When I do a Status using the Subversion Bundle, it correctly shows
> what has changed.
>
> However, when I try to do a commit from the subversion popup page,
> the spinning dial starts up and never stops. After waiting a while,
> I killed the svn process at the command line. Once I did that, TM
> poped up a window asking for my SVN password.
> [...]
> After I type my comments and hit commit, in the status window the
> following appears:
> 	Authentication realm: PAC

Is this really the status window (from which you can commit) or do you
select Subversion → Commit…?

> [...] but I can’t see any place that I can type to supply my
> credentials.
>
> I don't think it's a problem with our subversion repository because
> the developer sitting next to me is able to commit from TextMate
> with no problems.

The Subversion bundle calls the svn shell command, we do our best to
capture any password prompting that it might do, but I am sure there
are a dozen situations in which it will fail.

So definitely it’s best to ensure that svn can commit w/o prompting
the user for password.