[TxMt] Weird LaTeX Watch pdf displaying

Evan Berkowitz evan.berkowitz at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 23:54:18 UTC 2008

I typically LaTeX with a translucent background with the file in front
of TeXniscope (and sometimes Skim).  On my new machine, however, the
workflow speed-up is greatly diminished, because the rendered file
often looks... bad.  The standard font looks all blocky, the math
renders incorrectly, etc.

If I make no changes to the .tex file, save, and re-examine the .pdf,
the pdf changes---it seems to cycle through a few stages:
	bad					http://www.eberkowitz.com/images/tm/incorrect.png
	medium				the text renders correctly, but the math is bad
	good				http://www.eberkowitz.com/images/tm/correct.png

As far as I can tell (ie. 10 or 12 experiments), no such issue exists
when I compile with Latexmk.pl

I've tried deleting my font caches, after reading Q0.1 here at [ http://www.tug.org/mactex/faq/
  ], but to no avail.

Anyone else have a similar experience?  Anyone have an idea how to get
this to stop happening?

Thanks a lot,

Evan

It was mentioned on CNN that the new prime number discovered recently
is four times bigger than the previous record.

      John Blasik