[TxMt] Re: Smart Home Key

Simon Strandgaard neoneye at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 20:02:33 UTC 2008

On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 8:52 PM, Adi Sieker <adi at sieker.info> wrote:
> On 07.12.2008, at 10:52, Simon Strandgaard wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 9:07 PM, Adi Jörg Sieker <adi at sieker.info>
>> wrote:
>> [snip]
>>> This can be achived:
>>> http://blog.macromates.com/2005/key-bindings-for-switchers/
>>
>> Hi Adi, you are linking to a pretty long text that takes time to
>> read through.
>> I don't see any solution for it there. Can you point me to where in
>> this
>> page its being mentioned? or post some code?
>>
> My solution was for the request from Louis D Watch to make the END key
> go to the end of line instead of end of document.
>
> The smart home key would be nice. :)

Ah, I see :-)

I think Louis D asked for Smart End Key behavior, where the
caret jumps between text-end and line-end. Also pretty common
in other editors.

Turbo Pascal had a really nice solution instead of Smart End Key.
It did right-trim on every line, which is very useful too, (because
blankspaces are usually unwanted at the end of the line).

 1. Smart Home Key
 2. Automatic Right-trim
 3. Smart End Key

1 + 2 + 3 = awesome.