[TxMt] Re: Smart Home Key

Simon Strandgaard neoneye at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 18:21:36 UTC 2008

On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 7:05 PM, Hans-Jörg Bibiko <bibiko at eva.mpg.de> wrote:
> This is really weird. I'm using dozens of such jumping commands and
> it works perfectly.
>
> What shell are you using? Bash? Maybe try this:
> Do you have BBedit installed?
[snip]

prompt> env | grep SHELL
SHELL=/bin/bash
prompt>

Yes my shell is bash.

I reinstalled osx 10.5.5 on a new disk (my old drive died 4 days ago,
which is why im in the process of setting up keybindings again).
There is no bbedit, no textwrangler, nothing installed.

TextMate version = 1.5.7 (1436)

STEP1: before pressing home.. inside the bundle editor
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3092/3090201542_c85a071dc0_o.png

STEP2: I close the bundle editor

STEP3: and press Home

STEP4: after pressing home
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3135/3089363911_005a97445d_o.png

The caret ends up at line=3 and column=1, for some strange
reason.

[snip]
> What happens if you execute :
>
> open "txmt://open?line=10&column=2"
>
> in the Terminal?

This actually works. TM jumps to line 10, column 2.

--
Simon Strandgaard
my graphics program for mac - http://toolboxapp.com/