[TxMt] Re: Smart Home Key

Simon Strandgaard neoneye at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 11:42:53 UTC 2008

On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 12:07 PM, Nick <ParadoxQuine at gmail.com> wrote:
> Perhaps you clicked to a different page after visiting that link, as
> that document is quite short. Near the end of it there is sample code
> that modifies the functionality of your end and home keys. Take a look
> there.
[snip]

No.

This is my own personal keybindings, exactly the same
as in the key-bindings-for-switchers document. These
keybindings makes the Home key go to line-begin
(same as pressing ^a).

prompt> cat ~/Library/KeyBindings/DefaultKeyBinding.dict
{
    /* home */
    "\UF729"  = "moveToBeginningOfLine:";
    "$\UF729" = "moveToBeginningOfLineAndModifySelection:";

    /* end */
    "\UF72B"  = "moveToEndOfLine:";
    "$\UF72B" = "moveToEndOfLineAndModifySelection:";

    /* page up/down */
    "\UF72C"  = "pageUp:";
    "\UF72D"  = "pageDown:";
}
prompt>

This alone doesn't solve the Smart Home problem.

Smart Home is about jumping between text-begin and
line-begin. Is it possible to do this?

--
Simon Strandgaard
my graphics program for mac - http://toolboxapp.com/