[TxMt] Re: Markdown bundle bug: hyphen unusable in lists

Sat Dec 6 11:31:05 UTC 2008

On 5 Dec 2008, at 00:06, textmate at alanhogan.com wrote:

> The Markdown bundle:
>
> - Correctly highlights hyphen-delimited bullet lists, and
> - Correctly translates hyphen-delimited bullet lists to HTML, but
> - Does not allow the writing of such lists!  Instead, hyphen-tab
> creates a horizontal line.

But, looking at your list above, wouldn’t you create the list with
hypen-space?

> A suggested fix is:
>
> - Force users to type two hyphens for the horizontal-line auto-
> completion

I think doing lists with hyphen-tab (as opposed to hyphen-space) is
rare unlike putting horizontal lines below headings (that is one of
the ways you make h2 headings in Markdown) so unless others feel
strongly about this, I’d prefer to keep the current default behavior.

You can always change it locally if it is clashing with your preferred
way of entering lists.