[TxMt] Re: disable new behavior in contextual menu for snippet selection - possible?

Tue Dec 2 14:34:25 UTC 2008

On 2 Dec 2008, at 14:32, Rob McBroom wrote:

> Sounds like a good enough reason to me. Personally, I like the "type a
> few characters" trick Hans just mentioned better than ⌘1, but from
> your description, that's going to quit working as well under Snow
> Leopard. Too bad.

No, 1-9 “breaks” exactly to promote the “type to select” (which
has always worked, and we even do special tricks e.g. in the
Subversion bundle to have D choose the most likely Diff action etc.).

As for Timothy Bates’ letter about ‘H’ for Help etc. This is
presently possible, but starting with Snow Leopard, it will not be
(unless I convince them to still allow key equivalents w/o modifiers
to trigger when popup menus are open) -- the present build is meant as
a test of whether modifiers are ok.

All change is hard, so give it a few days, but after that, do let me
know if it is more bother to use the modifiers.