[TxMt] Re: Automate new file creation and Save As not working

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Tue Aug 26 13:44:00 UTC 2008

On 26 Aug 2008, at 14:21, Keith Solomon wrote:

> Let me start by saying that I couldn't live without TextMate...it's
> the
> one program that made my switch from the Windows world (a year and
> counting! :) ) permanent.  I have just a couple of issues I am looking
> for guidance on however.
>
> Firstly, when building Wordpress themes for clients, I generally start
> with three files, for which I have my own custom TextMate
> templates.  I
> was wondering if there is a way to automatically create these three
> files (with correct filenames if possible) from my templates.

not a direct solution, but I've been using SVN for this.

I have a repository containing my default files and file structure.
(for a web site)

I export it to a 'new project' folder, tweak filenames if necessary
(this becomes my upload copy location), then create a repository for
the project, import the upload copy and checkout a working copy to my
dev environment. This is the editable 'files under version control' -
I then drag this folder to TM, save as a project and start work.

edits are committed as appropriate and uploadable copies of the files
are exported from the repository to the 'live' version folder.