[TxMt] Ruby 1.9 ShellScript.tmbundle encoding issue fixed in SVN

Charles Turner vze26m98 at optonline.net
Mon Aug 25 21:52:11 UTC 2008

It appears that Ruby 1.9 isn't happy with the "Run Script" (command-R) 
in the ShellScript.tmbundle included with TextMate Version 1.5.7 
(1436). Or, that if you have the recent Ruby.tmbundle checked out from 
SVN, you'll need the ShellScript.tmbundle as well.

I got:

(erb):30:in `concat': character encoding differ (ArgumentError)
	from (erb):30:in `html_head'
	from /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.9.0/erb.rb:743:in `eval'
	from /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.9.0/erb.rb:743:in `result'
	from /Library/Application 
Support/TextMate/Support/lib/web_preview.rb:117:in `html_head'

When I ran shell scripts from TextMate in Ruby 1.9. This stems from the 
left and right single quotation marks used in the Textmate 1.5.7 
command to frame the window title: ‘Run <filename.sh>’

The issue is already fixed in the SVN, so simply checking out the 
newest version of ShellScript.tmbundle seems to fix the problem.

Best, Charles

More information about the textmate mailing list