[TxMt] Re: TextMate alternatives?

Hamster hexserve at databeestjes.net
Thu Aug 21 16:59:09 UTC 2008

On 21 Aug 2008, at 18:37, David Frascone wrote:

> I often have to code / edit files in Linux.  So, I'm looking for an
> editor with the following TextMate features:

Under linux I've used a programme called Kate for many years and have
been very happy with it. I've even made some of my own custom TM
bundles so that TM behaves like Kate in some circumstances!

Kate is part of the KDE suite. I've not used Gnome in about 8 years so
I can't offer any recommendations there.

For command line only, I use nano. It does syntax highlighting too.

Hamster.