[TxMt] Huge files in Textmate

Adam Eberbach aeberbach at mac.com
Thu Aug 14 09:47:47 UTC 2008

I have a 300MB file, a text file which is the output of a long SQL run. Years
ago I remembered opening such huge files in Visual Studio or Slickedit without
much trouble so I tried it - no way, it gave up after grabbing about 1.2GB of
RAM and exhausting what was free.

OK, silly thing to do anyway - I got what I needed from the terminal using head
and tail. But is this expected behavior? Can't it partially load files and
load/dump as you scroll? Eating 4x file size in memory and still not having
enough seems a bit excessive.

Not complaining, just curious.

--
Adam