[TxMt] Re: Classpaths problem mtasc.yaml

Alistair Colling alistair.colling at fpp.net
Tue Aug 12 15:02:34 UTC 2008

Hi Baluta, thanks for your reply,

Delegate is the only class that I am using that isn't a custom class
in the same folder as my SWF. If I put the mx folder from my classes
into my project folder I don't get Delegate as an undefined variable,
I get this message instead:
OceanaQ.as:32: characters 47-54 : type error Unknown variable success

this is the code it relates to:

xml.onLoad = Delegate.create(this, parseXML, success);

I am imagining that I will get errors for every class I use that is
not in the project directory when I compile using MTASC.

Any suggestions gladly received :)

Alistair

On 12 Aug 2008, at 15:26, Baluta Cristian wrote:

> what classes do you have there?
> btw, code compiled with flash is not 100% compatible with the one
> compiled with mtasc
>
> On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 4:54 PM, Alistair Colling <alistair.colling at fpp.net
> > wrote:
> Thanks for your help with my last query Hans.
>
> I am now having problems getting my Flash classes to compile. They are
> in the regular directory, when I compile my SWF using Flash everything
> compiles fine. However, when I compile using MTASC classes from my
> class library don't import (I get unknown variable error messages).
>
> I've set my classpaths in the mtasc.yaml like this:
>
> classpaths:
>      - /Users/alicolling/Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/Flash\
> CS3/en/Configuration/Classes
>      - $(UserConfig)/Classes
>
> But it still won't work.
>
> If anyone has any suggestions I would be really glad to get on the
> road compiling from textmate :)
> Thanks,
> Alistair
>
> my full mtasc.yaml is:
> ///////////////////
>

> # Name of your output file:
> swf:        prelaunch.swf
>
> # Name of your main class:
> app:        OceanaPreLaunch.as
>
> # Folder/URL/file to open when compilation succeeds. Use 'textmate' to
> preview in TextMate:
> # preview:    textmate
> #preview:    reference to automator app that clears log file and
> launches swf
> preview: /Users/alicolling/Library/Scripts/dbgOceana.app
> # SWF Header:
> player:     8
> width:      800
> height:     600
> fps:        31
> bgcolor:    FFFFFF
>
> # Optional, use it if you have a custom version of MTASC (i.e:
> HAMTASC):
> # mtasc_path: /Users/your_name/bin/mtasc
>
> # Optional, use it to send additional MTASC parameters (i.e: -strict)
> params: -main -mx
>

> # If you want to use XTrace (included with the bundle)
> # trace: xtrace
> #
> # If you want to use Console.app (see <http://bomberstudios.com/2007/03/14/how-to-use-consoleapp-for-flash-debugging/
>  >)
> trace: console
> #
> # If you want to use 'tail -f'
> # trace: terminal
> #
> # If you want to use a custom function for tracing:
> # trace: com.namespace.to.your.trace.function
>
> # Optional, include as many classpaths as you need:
> classpaths:
>      - /Users/alicolling/Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/Flash\
> CS3/en/Configuration/Classes
>      - $(UserConfig)/Classes
>   # - /Users/your_name/Documents/mtasc-1.12-osx/std8/
>   # - /Users/your_name/Documents/mtasc-1.12-osx/std/

> [...]

FPP Design Limited. Reg. Office: The Courtyard, Dinsdale Place, Sandyford, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 1BD.
Registered Number 3775564. Registered in England and Wales. Visit our website at http://www.fpp.net/