[TxMt] Re: Spelling in comments

Mikael Høilund mikael at hoilund.org
Fri Aug 8 19:56:14 UTC 2008

On Aug 8, 2008, at 19:26, Rob McBroom wrote:

> On 2008-Aug-8, at 12:44 PM, Mikael Høilund wrote:
>
>> Personally, I use the convention of "#" to start a code comment, and
>> "# " to start a text comment.
>
> Anyway, I'm curious about what you're doing since I've been doing more
> Python and // isn't available there. Don't you have a lot of code
> that's indented and would therefore start with "# " when you comment
> it out? How do you distinguish that from a textual comment?

I do most of my stuff in Ruby, where I just have the TM_COMMENT_START
(in the Ruby “Comments” Preference inside the Bundle Editor) option
set to "#" instead of "# ", and use ⌘/ to comment out a line.

This works out great because if I want to comment out a line of code,
it's already there, so ⌘/ makes it a “code comment.” If I want to
make a text comment, I start by making the comment marker, so the
caret is already right where I need to make the space.

> Aw, don't tell me you're one of those people that uses tabs to
> indent. :)

No.

--
Name = "Mikael Høilund"; Email = Name.gsub %r/\s/,%#=?,#
*a=e=?=,!????,:??,?,,Email.downcase![eval(%["\\%o\\%o"]%