[TxMt] Re: Spelling in comments

Rob McBroom textmate at skurfer.com
Fri Aug 8 17:26:21 UTC 2008

On 2008-Aug-8, at 12:44 PM, Mikael Høilund wrote:

> Personally, I use the convention of "#" to start a code comment, and
> "# " to start a text comment.

I do something similar in PHP:

     // a human-readable comment
     # disabled code

That way, after everything's working, I can run a command that removes
all commented code, while leaving the actual comments intact.

Anyway, I'm curious about what you're doing since I've been doing more
Python and // isn't available there. Don't you have a lot of code
that's indented and would therefore start with "# " when you comment
it out? How do you distinguish that from a textual comment?

Aw, don't tell me you're one of those people that uses tabs to
indent. :)

---
Rob McBroom
<http://www.skurfer.com/>