[TxMt] Re: TextMate 2, I give it up

Thu Aug 7 08:37:16 UTC 2008

I would be interested to know if there is a financial constraint to
the development. I would be more than happy to pay for my copy ahead
of time to put some money into a front-end development pot for Allan.
Marillion did a similar thing by asking fans to pay for a new album to
help cover the costs of recording and production which they couldn't
cover up front. I'd hate to think that development time was proving
hard to come by because a promise has been made for a free upgrade
that is proving hard to deliver.

However, I imagine there is only a very small core of users
contributing here who would be as willing to do this. Managing the
roll-out of a paid upgrade after promising a free one could be, in the
words of Peep Show's Mark Corrigan, 'an administrative shit-storm'.

Nigel