[TxMt] Re: mate command broken after security update 2008-005

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Mon Aug 4 10:30:01 UTC 2008

On 4 Aug 2008, at 11:24, Jonas Zimmermann wrote:

>>> Have you tried removing .profile (and .bash_rc and whatever else is
>>> there), then opening a new Terminal and trying again?

>>> I've installed the update but haven't had any problems.
>>
>> Seems to work here too. No dramatic change after the SU.
>
> I DO have this problem. Soon after I typed "mate" into a Terminal
> window I also had a kernel panic, while Textmate still was
> unresponsive. Don't know if these are related.

in the interests of science I typed mate . in a newly opened terminal
window - TM started, but went unresponsive - I force quit it and got
this in the terminal window:

2008-08-04 11:26:45.271 mate[914:10b] Exception raised during posting
of notification.  Ignored.  exception: 'connection went invalid while
waiting for a reply'  invoked observer method: '*** -[OakLaunchHelper
didLaunchTextMate:]'  observer: 0x122730  notification name:
'NSWorkspaceDidLaunchApplicationNotification'

I sent the crash report to macromates (smart Crash Reports)

hth