[TxMt] Re: GetBundle Suggestions

Mon Aug 4 09:32:02 UTC 2008

On 2 Jul 2008, at 14:43, Hans-Jörg Bibiko wrote:

> I played with 'Show Bundles on Repository' a bit.
> The only thing is that it is a bit slow.
>
> Is there a reason for using svn list/cat?

It seemed natural, considering we want a list of bundles, then cat
each info.plist :)

> My suggestion would it be is to use a direct way by using
> Net::HTTP.get(URI.parse(url)).

hmm… while the present stuff is unusable because of the speed issue,
the http approach has the disadvantage that the format is undocumented.

I need to move the svn repository to a new server then I can probably
setup access via the svn protocol, which is faster than webdav. Direct
http should not be faster than using svn (although it clearly is).

Btw: this reply might be outdated. I’ve been without internet in all
of July and is catching up to this list chronologically, but know
there is a GetBundles thread later.