[TxMt] balance braces

Artie Ziff artie.ziff at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 19:13:22 UTC 2008

Greetings,

When I google the two terms "bbedit balance" (without the quotes) and
the resulting search ranks a textmate mailing list post as #1, I start
thinking, "I wonder if Allan is aware of this?"

I checked previous discussions (but only through 2006) to see if
anything had developed in the realm of balancing braces in the way that
"the app formerly known as the mac programmers first choice" did, back
in the day. And by the looks of things, I see only heavyweight solutions
to balance tags, which I believe is way more than I need and possibly
not what I want.

I also think it's undesirable to download an eval copy of "the app
formerly known as the mac programmers first choice" for this feature.
Perhaps my Christmas wish will be:
 Oh please,
 Oh please,
 Deliver command b,