[TxMt] Re: TM 2.0 // visual effects via CoreVideo?

Dennis Amrouche dennis at screenlabor.de
Wed Apr 30 12:09:26 UTC 2008

Am Di, 29.04.2008, 21:16, schrieb Jacob Rus:

> I certainly hope that neither developer time, nor interface complexity,
> are expended on such a pointless 'feature'.

Hey, it's about personal preference, not religion :0)

If you upgraded to Leopard, you will certainly have noticed that menues
this time are transparent and blur their backgrounds.

Some people (not only a minority) likes eyecandy. That could be 'point'
enough. And I dont want to pretend usability arguments on this, as they
are more 'valuable' in other terms and concerns.

But truely a blur effect could improve transparent backgrounds, which are
offered in Textmate already.

mmmhhh ... at this point, I guess the discussion has come to its end ...
otherwise its getting just ~~~pointless :-/

Dennis