[TxMt] PHP and debugging, what is your strategy?

Ciarán Walsh ciawal at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 21:09:42 UTC 2008

On 11 Apr 2008, at 10:00, Clark Endrizzi wrote:

> Is there other ways to use the debugger outside of ZDE that makes it
> possible to have a debugger on the side?

You can use Xdebug[1], it has at least a command-line client, though
it would require entering the commands manually. I have an xdebug plug-
in for TextMate but it is unfinished, and with TM 2 in the pipeline
(with a public API for stuff like this) I most likely won’t be working
on it until TM2 release.

Personally I tend to use echo/var_dump/die/debug_print_backtrace for
debugging. Having xdebug installed is very handy even if you don’t use
the debugger as it gives nice backtraces.

1: http://xdebug.org/