[TxMt] external Editor

Hans-Joerg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Mon Apr 14 09:10:56 UTC 2008

On 14 Apr 2008, at 10:31, Jerad wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 8:08 AM, Tony Crockford
> <tonyc at boldfish.co.uk> wrote:
>
> On 14 Apr 2008, at 07:55, Jerad wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 10:00 PM, Kevin Ridgway <kridgway at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> I believe you can right click on the item when it's in the project
> drawer, and choose "Open With..." and it should have CSSedit as a
> choice for CSS files.  If you're editing the file outside TM, it
> should refresh within TM, when you switch back I believe.
>
> I could not get this to work.  I'd love to have that option though
> if anyone else can sort it out.
>
> Step 1.
>
> close textmate.
>
> step 2
>
> Open finder, browse for a CSS file, ctrl click and get info - set
> the open with option to CSS Edit and apply to all files of type CSS

An other approach is to use a tmcommand  a la:

open -a CSSEdit "$TM_SELECTED_FILE"

For me there is no need to open css file as default with CSSEdit (my
default is TextMate ;).

On the other hand it would also be possible to use CSSEdit as CSS
editor for CSS definitions specified inside an HTML file. You select
the CSS stuff, the selection will be saved as /tmp/tm.css, this file
will be opened in CSSEdit, and if you save that file and close CSSEdit
the content of /tmp/tm.css will be inserted in TM.

--Hans