[TxMt] Re: PHP and debugging, what is your strategy?

Christoph Koehler christoph.koehler at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 20:53:47 UTC 2008

In article
<a434fe6b0804110800q6a834d63t765afacf1645aaf8 at mail.gmail.com>
"ClarkEndrizzi" <cendrizzi at gmail.com>
wrote:
>  Any advice would be appreciated.

The application I develop for (TYPO3) has a built-in development log I
can write to, so I simply write to it from within my extension while
tail -f and grep gets me real time output in the terminal while I run
it. Probably not quite what you were looking for, but it's made stuff
very easy for me because I can add text and descriptions to the
variable and see it, so I somewhat know the order things are executed
in and what the variable values mean, without having to step through a
debugger.

Christoph

--

I'm using an evaluation license of nemo since 305 days.
You should really try it!