[TxMt] Configuring syntax highlighting programmatically

Daniel Sadilek d.sadilek at gmx.net
Mon Apr 7 18:09:35 UTC 2008

Hello,

I recently built my first TextMate bundle (http://sadilek.blogspot.com/2008/04/dna-sequence-analysis-with-textmate.html
) for some simple DNA sequence analysis.
It was really easy to accomplish this with TextMate.
However, I'm missing one feature: is there any way to programmatically
configure syntax highlighting?
What I want to achieve is that a user can configure pairs of string
and color. All occurences of the string should be highlighted in the
given color.
I have already built a corresponding dialog (very similar to the
preference dialog of the TODO bundle) in which I can enter strings and
select a color for each. The "only" thing missing is using this
information for highlighting the text.

Best regards
Daniel Sadilek

P.S. This sort of function would be interesting for the TODO bundle,
as well: for highlighting the TODO markers in the text.