[TxMt] local docs

Allan Odgaard throw-away-2 at macromates.com
Sat Apr 5 20:18:23 UTC 2008

On 2 Apr 2008, at 11:45, andrea wrote:

> [...]
> I'd like to use that documentation instead of looking for on the
> internet every time
> I ask textmate some docs.
> But in every bundle I didn't find it so easy (not just a global
> variable).

There is no universal system for how to store documentation, so each
bundle does its own thing.

I think it would be rather difficult to come up with an easy way to
just switch to local documentation, since most of the bundles have no
way to figure out where such local documentation would be stored, thus
you would still need to setup that per bundle.

> And another thing, I frequently update via svn my bundles,
> but what happen if I modify one of them
> (maybe changing one variable)??

If you checkout directly to ~/Library/Application Support/TextMate/
Bundles then you will simply overwrite the version there and svn
should mostly handle the potential conflicts for you.

If you store it in another location (as we recommend) TextMate stores
a tmDelta file in ~/Library/… where it records only the stuff actually
changed.

> Reading on the terminal looks like they're skipped because
> modified by me, is that right?
>
> So how should I modify third party bundles?

Not sure what you want/mean here.