[TxMt] Convert Docs to PDF and Summary under Markdown, Textile

marios tmtxpstuff at consking.com
Thu Sep 20 17:26:07 UTC 2007

Off-topic half way, but I just had to get it out of my Brain.

In search of a better cross-format conversion, I followed Oliver Taylors
advice about Prince, to generate my PDF files, and after investing a
couple of hours, this proved to be rewarding.

I made a command in a similar way as Oliver did, and made a custom CSS,
which in this case suits the needs for a Client Manual.

Currently, I keep the Source File in XHTML format. (One large file, not
like in DocBook ).

My problem is, that apart from the prince-bookmark-level property I also
need to structure the content using ID anchors for the Targets and then
keep a TOC, that would then dynamically update as per command, much like
the one, that is available in AMAYA.

And second to this, I'd like to keep the source file either in Textile
or Markdown format and then convert to XHTML and PDF.

I use Bret Teerpsa's HTML Index Bundle in the meanwhile, for what I need.

I believe for some reason, that a command that dynamically updates a
TOC, if present, would be of much sense, to be available in the
markdown, textile and HTML Bundles by default.

Out of Interest, I'd like to know Allan's opinion about this for version
2, and if so, any other advice, suggestions about maintaining
Documentation files in a separate Project in General.

regards, marios