[TxMt] post_id should not be casted to an int in the blogging module

Nicholas Piël nicholas at nichol.as
Tue Sep 18 21:20:22 UTC 2007

Hi,

First of all thanks for the great product, i love TextMate and the
blogging bundle is really awesome.

I have been playing a bit with the blogging bundle in combination
with my blog and the strictness of the Ruby library forced me to
follow the specs as strict as well. So in some sense that is a good
thing.

However, the XML-RPC API itself kinda sucks and i really have to do
some magic with post id's in order for them both to understand each
other. Luckily the MetaWeblog (and blogger) API allow the post-id's
to be a string.

But, since the blogging bundle is casting the post-id to an INT it is
causing problems when i try to edit a post with a post id that
contains anything besides digits.

I glanced over the code and i do not see any reason for the post_id
to be an INT, i modified line 238 in blogging.rb (self.post_id =
@headers['post'].to_i if @headers['post']) by removing '.to_i' and
now everything is working as expected.

I hope this adjustment will find its way to all happy cutting-edge
TextMate users worldwide ;)

Cheers,
Nicholas Piël