[TxMt] MD5 of current file

EvanK evan.kaufman at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 14:49:58 UTC 2007

Just wondering, is there currently a way to get the md5 of the current
document (whether its changes have been saved or not) from within textmate?
I often have to compare a copy of a document I'm working on with what's on a
remote server, and since I can open it in TM from within my ftp client, it
would be potentially easier than downloading a copy to save somewhere on
disk and running the md5 command seperately.

Does something like this exist?  If not, perhaps I'll look into implementing
it myself.  Thanks!