[TxMt] Re: HTML autoconversion of urls | updating bundles

Jon Ippolito ron_elicit at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 15 02:24:24 UTC 2007

>>From: Allan Odgaard <throw-away-1 at ...>
>>Subject: Re: HTML autoconversion of urls to hyperlinks
>>Date: 2007-09-05 00:32:36 GMT (1 week, 3 days, 1 hour and 28 minutes ago)
>> [...] it would be more useful for me to have a macro that would
>> auto-convert all urls in a text document to active hyperlinks [...]
>Are you familiar with Markdown? Perhaps it would be more effective
>for you to write the first draft of your text in Markdown and press
>⌃⇧H to generate the HTML -- Markdown will convert <http://
>macromates.com/> into

Allan,

Thanks for the tip--I can see Markdown is going to make my life much easier!

One follow-up question: Brett Terpstra alluded to an HTML bundle he was working
on that would offer the option of omitting the link title lookup. I downloaded
the snippet (a .bin file) he had attached and double-clicked on it, but nothing
happened.

Then I figured maybe the update would be in the bundle repository at
http://macromates.com/svn/Bundles/trunk/, but I couldn't figure out how to
update these or load them from different sources.

Any instructions for updating bundles appreciated--
thanks as always for your help.

jon