[TxMt] LaTeX

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 13:44:08 UTC 2007

On Sep 14, 2007, at 8:46 AM, Samuel Halliday wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> If a new section is created in LaTeX mode with the sec[TAB] shortcut,
> the following will appear:
>
> \section{section name} % (fold)
> \label{sec:section_name}
>
> % section section_name (end)
>
> Which is great! However, if the "Tidy" command is then performed on
> the file, it will be re-arranged to
> this:
>
> \section{section name}
>
> % (fold)
> \label{sec:section_name}
>
> % section section_name (end)
>
> Which not only looks really ugly, but means that the fold takes up 3
> lines instead of one, and doesn't have
> a title.
>
> Could somebody please have a look at this and see if it's fixable?

Noone, as far as I know, has really touched the Tidy command at all,
so I'm not sure how easy it would be to identify this problem and fix
it, and frankly it is not very high up in my priority list (patches
are welcome of course). I personally never use the command

Have you thought of using the "Text -> Indent Selection" command? If
the tidying you want to do is indenting related, then this might do
the trick.

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College