[TxMt] Latex Bundle grammar

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 10:59:51 UTC 2007

On Sep 12, 2007, at 1:20 AM, Alain Matthes wrote:

> In a first time, we can forget the packages like pstricks and pgf.
> The problem actually is all the functions have the same colour.

The problem of the color is a slightly different one. They are the
same color because, syntactically, they are the same thing. Even if
we distinguish them among their different packages, we will also need
to customize the various themes to make the functions have different
color depending on what package they are from.

You see, the problem is that LaTeX goes in some sense against TM's
syntax coloring philosophy. TM tends to color things depending on
their syntactic meaning. In LaTeX most everything is a function, so
they are of course all colored as functions ;).

So we will need to figure out what principle we want to follow when
coloring functions different from each other. I.e. how will we group
the functions together? Should all functions in a package have the
same color? Is there another division more meaningful?

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College