[TxMt] Bug in Latex bundle (newplistlib.py)

Jonas Due Vesterheden jonas at vesterheden.dk
Mon Sep 3 18:58:12 UTC 2007

Hello,

When I use the "Typeset & View" command from the Latex bundle I get
the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles/Latex.tmbundle/Support/bin/texMate.py",
line 299, in <module>
    tmPrefs = tmprefs.Preferences()
  File "/Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles/Latex.tmbundle/Support/bin/tmprefs.py",
line 18, in __init__
    self.prefs.update(self.readTMPrefs())
  File "/Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles/Latex.tmbundle/Support/bin/tmprefs.py",
line 39, in readTMPrefs
    plDict = plistlib.readPlist(pl)
  File "/Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles/Latex.tmbundle/Support/bin/newplistlib.py",
line 77, in readPlist
    rootObject = p.parse(pathOrFile)
  File "/Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles/Latex.tmbundle/Support/bin/newplistlib.py",
line 402, in parse
    parser.ParseFile(fileobj)
xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError: not well-formed (invalid token): line
634, column 17

I Googled and found a posting with a similar problem:
http://www.nabble.com/-BUG--Latex-Bundle-t4317028.html. Brad Miller
replied with a suggestion to check out /tmp/tmltxprefs.plist - I did,
and found a line with some weird characters that are probably to
blame. Here are lines 632-641:

		<dict>
			<key>command</key>
			<string>grep '