Bug in Ruby Bundle ctrl-{ snippet? (was Re: [TxMt] Ctrl key and shortcuts cease working)

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 16:52:11 UTC 2007

I've noticed some ctrl-key snippet wierdness in the Ruby Bundle.

Until the latest update, the ctrl-{ snippet to toggle blocks between
{} and do;end forms either didn't work at all, or worked
intermittently. I believe that this broke with the previous
cutting-edge update some weeks ago.  I just checked for updates, and
I'm running 1436 as well, although the latest version mentioned when I
view the release notes is 1435.

Since Matt reported the problem with version 1436, I tried the snippet
just now, and here is how this line of ruby code:

a.each { | f| f }

evolves after a sequence of pressing ctrl-{ with the cursor after
either the { or do as appropriate.

a.each do |
  f| f
end