[TxMt] Textmate update and Latex command error

Brad Miller bonelake at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 11:06:05 UTC 2007

On 10/27/07, Ben Wooliscroft <bwooliscroft at business.otago.ac.nz> wrote:

> As a recent adopter of Textmate I've had a great time improving
> productivity. But, today I was asked to update and relaunch. Dutifully, I
> closed my files and clicked yes. The program reopened and I opened my
> latex
> document, updated some text and hit apple R to run latex. This is the
> error
> I've received:
>
> /bin/bash: line 80: latexErrWarnHtml.py: command not found Error: PDF file
> not written to disk
>
> Apologies, but I have no idea what's happened here. Can someone help me
> get
> Latex back (okay the file, and everything else, still runs fine on
> Texshop,
> but I don't want to go back to editing there)?

Ben,

The LaTeX & View command has been significantly updated, and
latexErrWarnHtml.py is no longer part of the bundle.  My guess is that you
modified the LaTeX & View command sometime in the past.  Check your
~/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles  directory.  If you find a
Latex bundle in there move it or remove it and LaTeX should work fine again.

If you have made other local modifications to the Latex bundle that you want
to preserve in ~/Library/.... then you should just find the LaTeX & View
command and remove that.

Brad

Thanks in advance