[TxMt] Default "Save As..." filename...

Hans-Jörg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Fri Oct 26 15:04:59 UTC 2007

On 26.10.2007, at 16:33, Thomas Aylott wrote:

> On Oct 26, 2007, at 10:15 AM, Hans-Jörg Bibiko wrote:
>> do saveWithFilename '{name=XXX;overwriteMode;}'
>>
>> without reopen it AND if the current document is unsaved AND the
>> current document is not a "untitled" document meaning it was
>> already saved before?
>>
>> Then it could be used like:
>> "$TMTOOLS" do saveWithFilename '{name=$TM_FILEPATH;overwriteMode;}'
>> <further code>
>>
> Yeah, that sounds great.
> I guess I'd need to throw some logic in there for allowing them to
> saveas if it is untitled.
> What's the best way to do that?
> 	Or could you work that in there too? ;)

Well, saving is a very sensible task.
Ok, I can do the following:

"$TMTOOLS" do saveCurrentDocument
This command is the same command like APPLE+S. Fine, but if the
document is 'untitled' then this command would invoke the NSSavePanel
and TM will freeze.

To avoid this one could do to the following:
RETURN=$("$TMTOOLS" do saveCurrentDocument '{avoidPanel;}')
This would mean that if the current document is an 'untitled'
document it will return '0' without showing the save panel AND
without saving, otherwise it'll return '1'; and it is up to you what
do you want to do.

An other approach would be:
$TMTOOLS" do saveWithFilename '{name=XXX;overwriteMode;}'

This command would also save even an untitled document as XXX. Fine,
but TM will not be informed about the saving (that's why I used
saveWithFilenameAndReopen). It's possible to mark the current
document as saved, and set the window title to XXX, but this would
lead to some unstable side-effects, I guess.

Thus I would prefer the first approach. But as I mentioned above,
saving is a very sensible issue!

--Hans