[TxMt] Blogging bundle oddity

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 19:36:06 UTC 2007

Allan,

It's been a while since I looked at this, but...

The call which the bundle uses to get the list of recent posts is
returning more info than just the titles, IIRC it got back either an
Array or maybe even a Hash for each post with attributes like the
title, id, etc.

Now I don't know if this is standard or if it varies from blogging
engine to blogging engine, but..

On the other hand, it might also be a Typo bug, in that I'm not sure
that it should be showing what I though were deleted posts in that
list.

On 10/24/07, Allan Odgaard <throw-away-2 at macromates.com> wrote:
> On 19/10/2007, at 18:48, Rick DeNatale wrote:
>
> > [...]
> > I'm new to OSX (recent convert from linux) so I couldn't figure out
> > how to view /dev/console (maybe if I'd started Textmate from the shell
> > instead of the finder or spotlight?) so I wrote it to a file instead.
>
> File is fine, for future reference /Applications/Utilities/Console.app
> is used to read the system console.log.
>
> > Anyway:
> > There are indeed duplicates:
> > [...]
>
> I think this is not that easy to fix since it is really the OS that
> removes the duplicates from the menu and causes this "off by n" problem.
>
> So the fix would be something like have the blogging bundle insert
> extra text for duplicates to disambiguate the items.
>
> However, the problem is now known and noted for any potential future
> work on the blogging bundle :)

Rick DeNatale

My blog on Ruby
http://talklikeaduck.denhaven2.com/