[TxMt] LaTeX - Opening Publications via Bibdesk

Stefan Oppl stefan.oppl at jku.at
Mon Oct 22 08:24:29 UTC 2007

Hi,

in the course of writing my PhD-thesis, I've missed the possibility
to quickly open publications (PDFs) directly from LaTeX-Source. As I
use BibDesk as a reference manager, I've implemented a command
interfacing BibDesk via Applescript to solve this.

The command allows to open a publication PDF linked to a BibDesk
record directly via the cite-key used in the LaTeX source (in short:
place cursor at cite-key (or select cite-key) -> call command (via
hot-key) -> if a file is linked to the according BibDesk-Entry, it is
opened in your default PDF-viewer). Works pretty well for me ...

If anybody thinks this could be useful for his or her workflow, feel
free to use and/or adapt/improve.

Best regards,
  stefan