[TxMt] troubles with folding

Allan Odgaard throw-away-2 at macromates.com
Fri Oct 19 17:12:35 UTC 2007

On 19/10/2007, at 19:05, Piero D'Ancona wrote:

> is it just me, or folding status of a file is
> not preserved after closing and reopenng it,
> when the number of lines/folding marks is too high?
> [...]

The folding markers are saved as an extended attribute for the file.
When I added this I ran into the problem that these have a size limit,
so even for modestly sized files, I had to gzip the data to not run
into the size limit.

I am not entirely sure of the state of the size limit, I do recall
Jacob claiming to have tested this and not found a size limit on a
recent OS version, but most likely this is what happens for you (to
confirm, try cut the file in half and save that).